Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My Favorite Necklace

"I have a lot of jewelry." My friends would say that is an understatement! But most of my jewelry I made myself. I taught myself at sixteen to make jewelry. Then in '08, I started selling them. They sell pretty good in my small town, so I broadened my horizon by selling online. I use the online selling sites, eBay and Etsy. I do pretty good, if I say so myself. I've wanted to have a blog talking about stuff I sell and things I make, so I decided to create this one for that purpose. I've started taking pictures of the new things I create and this will be a good way to share them, also while streaming with photobucket, perhaps.

At a gathering last year with my best friends, I asked them all to bring pendants to create necklaces. Mine was a turquoise themed necklace, as turquoise is my all-time favorite color. Below is the picture I took of it this year.


I used a metal framed turquoise with brown flowers pendant. The beads are turquoise stones that matches well with the pendant. I used stretchy string, I need to word that one better. I also used silver plated heart clasp for easy ons and offs. This necklace measures around 18" long, which reaches about 6" inches away from neck.

I really love this necklace, as it is my favorite I have ever made. I want to make more like this, but I haven't brought myself to do so. It takes a lot of work and measuring to get it just right. Maybe I will create one in the future.

By the way, the necklace is pictured on a crocheted fan that my grandmother made for me. I thought it blended well with this lovely necklace.

Leave a comment if you have time, I would greatly appreciate it and respond back!
~Sassy Chic~

1 comment:

  1. love that turquoise pendant with the brown, it looks great! thanks so much for stopping by the cape on the corner, i can't wait to see what else you blog about!

    ReplyDelete